Immunity, Stress and Massage
Stressed? Get a Massage and Support your Health!
Even if we are not conscious of it, most of us are living in a chronically stressed state almost constantly these days . Whether it’s making life /family choices while taking Covid risk into account, or widespread issues like unemployment, elections, climate change and racial injustice, we are all living in high alert.
What are the health consequences when you live in a chronic state of Stress? Here are just a few:
- Muscular pain and tension, including the “tension Triangle”: 1. tension headaches, 2.tightness in the neck and jaw, and 3. knots and spasms in your neck and shoulders. Also flares of arthritis, fibromyalgia and other autoimmune issues.
- The stress hormone cortisol may make heart and lung conditions worse. These include heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure and asthma.
- Stress impacts our mental health with symptoms like sleep issues, family conflicts, fatigue, depression, anxiety and hopelessness.
- Stress weakens your immune system. Stress produces hormonal changes that lower the body’s resistance to infections. making you more likely to catch colds or the flu or other diseases.
So, now, more than ever, Massage is a great tool to help manage your stress, your pain, AND YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM to help keep you healthier.
- Research shows time and again that massage naturally increases the healthy immune system’s ability to kill certain cells, while decreasing the number of T-cells, for an improvement of the body’s overall immune function.
- Massage reduces the stress hormone cortisol and other inflammation markers in the blood, lowers blood pressure, and encourages deeper and fuller breathing. All of this supports healthy heart and lungs
- Massage drops us into a relaxed and peaceful state of mind, helping with anxiety, depression, and overwhelm.
- And of course, for the muscular pain caused by pain and stress, massage is the perfect antidote for relieving muscle tension, spasms and pain.
Rachael, Sasha and Donna are all available to be part of your wellness team. Email, or Call us now for your massage, and let us help you feel better stay healthier! 508-788-7300
Remember: Massage doesn’t just feel good, it’s good for you!